If you’ve gotten this error–include me in this annoyed group–then you know how frustrating it can be.
You search all over the interwebs and 1/2 the places suggest you download their AMAZING software since you OBVIOUSLY have a virus or bug of some sort. But, chances are good, it’s probably your EADM–EA Download Manager.
So, let’s fix your issue, shall we?
If anything I tell you breaks your game, don’t gripe at me, OK? I never said I was all-knowing. And I didn’t break your game. Just sayin’.
- Disable your Custom Content–That’s as simple as going removing your Mod folder. If you’re pre-patch 1.12 then your Mods folder is here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
If you’re patch 1.12 and later then your Mods folder should be here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
- Download the most recent version of the EADM.
- With the new, shiny EADM, try and patch your game.
- No luck? You might check out The Sims 3 Patch Downloader. –Just so you know, that program violates EA’s Rules of Conduct.
- If you skipped #4, you can patch manually. You want patch links? I got your patch links RIGHT HERE.<–Click there.
- You’ve done all that and crap! STILL doesn’t work. Try The Sims 3 cumulative patcher. Read the instructions because if I start explaining it, I’ll just be repeating what’s already been written.
- WORST CASE SCENARIO, you completely uninstall your stuff and start from scratch. You install the base game, patch the game and go to WA. You install WA, patch it and go to HELS. Install HELS and patch it. So on and so forth. If you need the order of The Sims 3 games and Stuff packs then you can click on this huge link.
Good luck! May The Sims 3 force be strong and all that.