You knew it was coming but now it’s official.
Sims 3 is coming to both handheld and consoles – and I have pictures.
If you read the press release, you’ll see there’s a good deal different with the consoles and the handheld version of The Sims 3. If you’re just rediculously Sims 3 crazy, you could get the game for the DS – handheld version – and still play it on your computer and never get bored since they are so different.
“Karma Powers” seems like the most interesting part of the new releases. Epic fail, instant beauty and get lucky are just a few that are mentioned – I can only assume there are more. The release warns players to be careful with the Karma Powers since “they may have unexpected results and karma may come back to bite.”
- Use stylus to build houses, customize objects, change face shape of Sims, change hair and clothes and pick traits
- Complete lifetime simulation for the first time in handheld Sims games
- New beach town
- “[…]players can enjoy The Sims 3 with friends by going head to head in the new “Life Moments” game to earn rewards.”
- Adventure quests
PS3 and Xbox 360 Features:
- Trophies are promised on both consoles
- Ability to share achievements on Facebook
All in all, the games look pretty cool. I probably won’t get them since I didn’t enjoy playing any of the past console games but I know there are a lot of you out there who love console Sims games and if you’re one of those people then these games are for you.
*Edited to add tip from Buzzregog – Possible Gold Box Lightening Deal from Amazon.com for Xbox 360 Sims 3 at 8:00 PM PDT.*
Images/EA and Screengrab from Amazon.com