One of the things I’ve noticed about the release of The Sims 3 is a ton of negativity. I’ve been guilty of it myself and some of it is inevitable. How can you not compare the two games – especially when The Sims 2 was/is so ridiculously popular?
To help focus on the positive, I’m holding a contest. Wanna enter? Read on.
Enter this contest to win two $10 The Sims Cash Cards which gets you 2000 Sims Points! [The cards can be used for Sims 2 as well as Sims 3.]
Here’s what you do to enter:
- To be entered, you MUST LEAVE A COMMENT. Leave a comment with what you like best about The Sims 3. The comment can be about the base game, World Adventures or High-End Loft. If you want to be an uber overachiever and you have all three games, you can list what you like from each of them – you won’t get extra entries or anything…just a virtual pat on the back.
For extra entries, you can do this stuff:
- Follow @SimsGamer on Twitter. When you comment, make sure you add your Twitter name to the bottom of your comment when you say you followed SimsGamer.
- Subscribe to Sims 3 Gamer’s feed. Let me know in the comments section below that you did that. Subscribing to Sims 3 Gamer’s feed is great way to stay up-to-date with what’s going on with the site. You can add the feed to your feed reader – if you use one – or you can have it sent to your email.
- Tweet this:
I just entered the @SimsGamer What's Good About Sims 3 contest and you can too. Win 2000 Sim Points! http://ow.ly/1DaBm
or something similar telling people you entered the contest. Leave a comment below with a link to the actual tweet. You do this by clicking on the time stamp and then copying the URL of that page into your comment. You can also retweet this post with the button at the top of all of this. Retweet it as much as you want but you only get one extra entry for that initial tweet. So, to be 100% clear, 100 tweets will only give you one extra entry.
- Share this post on Facebook and leave a link to it in the comments. If you share limited information on your Facebook page, grab a screenshot and then upload it to Flickr or some other image hosting site and then put a link to that picture in the comments.
- If you’re really feeling adventurous, you can link to this post on your blog or in a Sims related forum – 2 extra entries for that. Leave a comment with the link and if it’s a private forum or protected site, grab a screenshot and then upload it to Flickr or some other image hosting site and then put a link to that picture in the comments.
You don’t have do a million comments. Just one big ole comment with what you like best about The Sims 3 and then the other “extra credit” stuff is perfectly fine.
Rules and stuff:
You can get a grand total of seven entries: initial required comment with what you like best about The Sims 3 [1 entry], following SimsGamer [1 entry], subscribe to Sims 3 Gamer’s feed [1 entry], tweet about the contest [1 entry], share on Facebook [1 entry] and link to the contest on either your own website/blog or on a forum [2 entries].
The contest will run from today [April 26th, 2010] until May 28th, 2010 10 AM CDT. Once my clock hits 10am on May 28th, I’ll shut off comments.
A winner will be chosen via Random.org and the list of entrants and winner will be available at Random.org’s records page for up to five years. Email address will not be displayed publicly – only the entrant’s name. I’ll post the winner’s name by Monday May 31st, 2008 by editing this post and adding the winner’s name to the top.
The winner will be contacted via the email address they provided. Again, your email address will never be published publicly and you should not include your email address in the body of your comment.
The winner will be given seven days from the date I email them to get back with me. On the eighth day, I’ll contact the #2 person. The actual codes from the cards will be emailed to the winner so this contest is open to everyone.
I think that’s it. I hope that’s it cause this has gotten WAY longer than I had planned.
Get to commenting and tweeting and stuff and good luck to everyone!
Images/Amy Tucker and Best Buy
*Note: Writers of Sims 3 Gamer and family members of the writers are ineligible but they should still feel free to comment 😀 *
*Edited to include everyone in this contest thanks to Judhudson’s fabulous suggestion. :)*